Thursday, March 7, 2013

Broken Chain

Broken Chain, by Baz Wiens

I dedicate this to everyone who is committed to breaking chains, both physical and mental.

Take these shackles off my feet so I can dance! I just want to praise You! ~Mary Mary http://youtu.be/xRCBtVbC32E



So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
~John 8:36


Acts 12 1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

The Rescue
5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 8 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. 9 And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him. 11 And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews. 

Acts 12:7 is interesting. The angel smote (hit) Peter and commanded that he arise. Only AFTER Peter stood, heavily chained, did the chains fall off.

We are hit with many obstacles, but we must take a stand, WHILE oppressed, in order to overcome.
.
Mary Neal, Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill (AIMI)
http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/aimi
Dog Justice for Mentally Ill
http://DogJusticeforMentallyIll.blogspot.com

3 comments:

MaryLovesJustice Neal said...

Acts 12:7 is interesting. The angel smote (hit) Peter and commanded that he arise. Only AFTER Peter stood, heavily chained, did the chains fall off.

We are hit with many problems, but we must take a stand WHILE oppressed in order to overcome.

Mary B. said...

On August 24, 2012, My 50th Birthday, I was illegally incarcerated at York Correctional Institute and confined to the UCONN Psychiatric facility, illegally, as an innocent, with NO probable cause or due process hearing, simply on the false accusations of the city attorney and police who are facing a law suit for previous false arrests! I was ordered to take two seperate competency to stand trial exams- even though I was never granted a trial in all 3 false arrests- all my due process and habeas corpus rights were stolen. The State of Corrupticut thinks they have the right to rob citizens of their liberty, and habeas corpus and all other 14th Amendment rights! Thousands of innocents languish in State facilities- found guilty of no crime- simply by virtue of the mentally ill label that was thrust upon them to perpetuate medicaid and funds for public service employees to rob everyone of our rights! My Children miraculously came up with the 4 grand to bond me out, I had been in 24 hour confinement practically the entire 25 days I had been there. If I had not been bonded out, I would have been forced to stay there until the state finally resolved the false charges! and I was still denied my right to trial by jury!

MaryLovesJustice Neal said...

I am sorry you were treated that way, Mary. It is typical to incarcerate people and label them mentally ill in America, then deny them due process of law. Some are killed, like my brother, Larry Neal. Thank you for sharing your story at Justice Gagged blog.